Week in Wait . . . Dad? Format Changes

Well . . . let's see . . . 

Hmmm?

I guess school's back in session. But you knew that already. In fact this year is quite landmark cause the new elementary starts later and ends later.

We call that a "Win-effing-Win" here at Wait . . . Dad? Manor.

The tall skinny one starts his fourth year of college soon. He's very anxious to be done, which I can totally get.

My brother starts his seventeenth year of college.

He too is very ready to be done.

He is also ready to start kicking my butt again in Fantasy Football. Which, although I have no plans of going down without at least some kind of fight this year, it's probably gonna happen. My one regret so far is taking Arian Foster over Doug Martin in the third round. It was a gutsy move, cause a hamstring injury is a lot more serious than a shoulder injury, but Foster's back-up is gonna have a much better year than Martin's backup, and I like a little testicle with my buffalo wings.

Speaking of Football, I have been considering changing the Wednesday format from a review piece to a football blog.

Crazy right?

But here's the thing.

I have like three, maybe even four general readers who like football too and might find a Wait . . . Dad? take on the sport kinda fun.

That and it means I can make my Rotowire subscription a tax write-off.

I'm kidding.

I don't have a Rotowire subscription.

Also, and this is key, I've been finding a lot of requests for sports blogs on the interwebs and would like to try my hand at it for awhile before I start submitting.

I pick Wednesdays cause the review format didn't really work. I wanted to start reviewing things like books and music and TV shows and Movies, but for some reason, I just couldn't get my head around it and it turned into more of a 'blah' personal exposé on the last six days of my life.

I'm afraid I'm not that interesting.

And maybe, for the remaining twenty six of you, Football won't be that interesting either, so I'll make a deal with you:

I'll put up a football blog for eight weeks and then compare the readership numbers against the eight previous weeks. If viewership goes up, I'll continue for the rest of the season, if viewership goes down, I'll find a more Pinterest worthy format.

Quilting? Suateeing? Decoupage with fingernail clippings?

Now I do promise that with this new format, I'll still be me.

Which means lots of terrible puns and a very liberal interpretation of statistics.

Now for the rest of you (Dad, Jeff, Steve, sometimes Jeremy, and really anyone), I'm a gonna need three things.

First, I need a name.

I was thinking something dirty like "Third and Long"

or something tough like "Grid Iron Mania"

or an acronym like "WMTSBUQB" (Wednesday Morning Third String Back Up Quarter Back)

So please, if you have any suggestions, drop me a line.

Secondly, I'm a gonna need some feedback. Not in the "Why didn't you mention the linebacker from Penn State who got caught taking a selfie with someone other than his girlfriend." kind of feedback. I just wanna know if it's informative, funny, and or worth the two hours it'll take me to write it and the five minutes it will take you to read it.

Finally, Trash-talk. I want the comments section on Facebook to look like an anit-abortion debate.

Feel free to feel strongly.

Anyway, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of my regular readers (Joann, Nicole, Shelia, Mom) and hope that you won't be too bored with this new format (and Shelia, I promise not to talk too much trash about the Seahawks, but I will a little.)

And for those of you who would get this joke:

What do you think the odds are that Tim Tebow gets a call from St. Louis this week?

Season begins in eight days . . . 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment