Five things P!NK

Went to see Pink in concert last night.

It was like a punk rock dance circus.

Easily one of the best shows I've ever seen.

And I learned a few things.

Five things, you might say, which I will make quick because it's getting late and I've got dinner to get to. (Barbecue chicken and mashed potatoes if you must know)

Number One:
I really need to put together an act that includes a 4' 7" asian girl who plays a hot pink Flying-V and sings back-up. This is a new must for me.

Number Two:
The last time I was in the Oakland Arena was in 1994 seeing Nirvana, which means that I am both really old, and need to get out of the house more often.

Number Three:
It is physically possible to sing a power ballad while spinning in three directions in an acrobat's rig one hundred feet above a crowd of thirty thousand people. I do not think I would have ever considered this, but I was both amazed by its execution and relieved that I would never have to do it myself.

Number Four:
Both Pink and I have a songwriter crush on the guy who wrote "Time After Time" for Cindy Lauper. It was the first song I ever heard where I suddenly understood how the crafting of lyric and melody can move you emotionally. Pink did an acoustic version of it sitting on the edge of the stage with her guitar player. Everyone sang along.

Number Five:
If you ever want to strike it rich in life you don't need a good idea. You don't need a good education, you don't need to work hard. You don't need talent and you certainly don't need sex appeal. No my friends, if you ever want to strike it rich in life, you need to sell Bud Light at a Pink Concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment