Friday Shuffle

Five Random Songs on Shuffle

1. Every Little Thing She Does is Magic (The Police)
One listen and you can tell right away exactly where Goyt got every idea for "Somebody that I Used to Know" Another neat little note is that it is impossible to recreate the drums live because Stuart Copeland recorded several of the drums separately so there are moments when a drummer would need six hands and three feet to recreate.

2. Don't Give Up (Peter Gabriel)
This song always reminds me of the first act of Jesus Chris Superstar when Mary is trying to convince a melancholy Jesus to stop throwing a little temper tantrum because his bromance with Judas isn't going so well.

3. You're the Best (Song from the Karate Kid)
I purchased this song for a mix tape I was doing for a competition years ago and I was incensed that in order to get the original version I would have to buy the entire album. So I ended up getting a cover version. It wasn't as good, but we did laugh.

4. Between the Bars (Elliott Smith)
I love the opening lyrics of this song. "Drink up baby, stay up all night." and the versus flow so finely in the chorus that you can hardly tell you're being hit on.

5. Teenage Lobotomy (Ramones)
Mania is still the best compilation album ever.

Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment